[CQ-Contest] Summary of Software and Transceivers used by WRTC teams

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 7 11:57:19 EDT 2018

Looking only at top ten finishers fails to appreciate the importance of
operator experience with propagation from the operating region. THAT'S a
large part of why EU ops are so strongly represented at the top.

There are other factors. A competitor friend (who placed in the top
third of the pack) told me yesterday that the top scoring team, from
Lithuania, had something like 250 unique LY QSOs in their log that were
not penalized, and that removing those Qs would have greatly reduced
their lead over second and third place. He said they also had QSOs
removed for exchange errors that were clearly copied and logged
correctly based on their recording.

73, Jim K9YC