[CQ-Contest] WAEDC Rules error?

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:48:55 EDT 2018

Gerry,

My understanding is that the key phrase in the WAEDC rules is *"**without
respect to their geographical location."  *The multiplier DXCC exceptions
for European entrants are based on prefixes, not geographic location. So
yes, VY1 would be the same mult as VE1, just as W1VE in Vermont is the same
multiplier as W1RH in California.  VY2 would be the same as VE2.

And, W0YK, K9YC, and K6XX, all in California, are three different
mults (for Europeans) -- unless the non-6's sign /6, in which case they
become the "6" mult.

Every contest is different!

73, Dave K3ZJ