[CQ-Contest] Assisted

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Wed Aug 15 19:10:32 EDT 2018

“Let’s all be assisted and have more fun!”

Hmmm....  I been having ENORMOUS fun for 45 years operating NON-assisted.  I wouldn’t presume to think that ALL of us would have more fun being forced to operate NON-assisted, anymore than I would think that ALL of us would have more fun being forced to operate Assisted.  I still believe that most ops maximize their fun by being able to choose the category that they feel they will enjoy operating most, rather than having it shoved down their throat.

But perhaps this analogy would better illustrate my point of view:

ASSISTED:

I go to a very nice restaurant, with a great menu and order a delicious dinner.  When it comes, the waiter brings it to the table, then sits down next to me and begins to chew it for me before putting it on my plate.

NON-ASSISTED:

I go to the same very nice restaurant, with a great menu and order a delicious dinner.  When it comes, the waiter brings it to the table, LEAVES and then I eat the whole darn meal by myself!

I definitely enjoy my meals best when I chew them myself!    :-)

Now, if Larry of someone else prefers the waiter to chew his/her food before putting it on his plate, that’s fine with me as long as I don’t have to eat it that way.

73

Bob  KQ2M

Unassisted is an antiquated contest catagory. It should be eliminated. I have heard all of the arguments in favor of keeping it and, in my opinion none make any sense.

Let's all be assisted and have more fun!

Just my two cents.

Larry
N7DD

Sent by Larry