[CQ-Contest] assisted

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Fri Aug 17 17:15:32 EDT 2018

Once spotted, a mult is going to be likely worked by the bigger (meaning
stronger signal) stations than the weaker station. Assisted or
unassisted - that holds.

The fact that the big station is assisted is not in of itself a benefit
vs. the smaller guy who is also assisted.  Rather the strong station
benefits from the the location and other investments to become
stronger.  And it's being stronger that yields the payoff.

Assisted just tells you WHERE to go fishing, and identifies exactly what
sort of fish are present.  It does not do anything to get them in the
log if you have a poor signal relative to the competition. So when Ben
says it's better to catch them before they are assisted - the benefit
from that is getting in and working them before a bunch of stronger guys
arrive.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com