[CQ-Contest] Assisted

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Fri Aug 17 22:31:24 EDT 2018

Yuri,

You really need to compare the

1) A boy with Flex 6600, KT36XA (tribander) and dipoles and/or Inv. L's
at 80'

OR

2) A boy with Kenwood TS-830S, TA33jr at 40' and low dipoles.

WITH

3) Someone with multiple towers with mono-band yagis on 40-10 meters and
maybe a 4 square on 80 and a full size vertical or more on 160.

Of course #1 and #2 are close to being equal but neither of these are
close to #3. Maybe Google the calls that are near the top in the weekly
CWT's, NS and NAQP and you will find those who have the highest scores
have a station that would be more like #3. But those that are stuck with
a station you described for #1 and #2 are grouped into the same category
as #3. Is that really fair?

Bottom line is I think what people are asking is that there should be a
tri-bander/wires category so those people in #1 and #2 don't have to
compete directly again #3. I guess I don't see what the big deal is to
add another category. Do you think it would be fair for a F1 race car to
compete again a NASCAR? It wouldn't even be close. You could use this
same analogy when comparing antennas.

Jeff