[CQ-Contest] At least four more years of solar minimum?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 8 17:50:45 EST 2018

YES. VE0JS (check out her qrz.com page) is currently about 1,000 miles
WNW of Cape Horn making her fourth attempt to sail around the world
solo, non-stop. She was successful the third time, finishing three years
ago. Jeanne's running a 100W marine radio (SSB) with no signal
processing. She maintains regular schedules with stateside stations four
times a day, two on 40, one each on 20 and 17. I've worked her several
times from near San Francisco, and W6OAT, now around Seattle, has worked
her several times. She's usually pretty rough copy for me -- the guys in
Florida are about 1,000 miles closer than me, and usually copy her better.

On her previous trip, we regularly worked her in the morning on 40M from
the South Indian Ocean with good copy.

73, Jim K9YC