[CQ-Contest] Using FT8 in RTTY Contests

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Dec 16 10:07:46 EST 2018

One could always rig up several rigs to run FT-8 as a robot, and enter
as Zero Operator, Multi Rig Entry.

If enough operators did this effort, perhaps the "olde fogeys who won't
adapt to new technology" would acknowledge the advancement of the art
and include zero op robotic contesting as part of the "new" technology.

After all the >99.44% of the contest operators say that sharing of log
files AFTER a contest to create "super check partial" "shared log info"
is NOT assistance, so Y knot Zero Operator, single station, and/or zero
Operator, Multi station entries?

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time

On 14-Dec-18 1:48 PM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> Keep in mind that I write the below from a "Contesters perspective" but maybe toned down for lower FT8 expectations.
>
> <snip
>
> Now, in a real RTTY contest, 20 an hour is NOT something to write home about. It's dullsville, like maybe I should be doing something more fun like mopping the kitchen floor or raking leaves. But it is a real improvement for FT8 rate.
>
> I DO NOT PLAN to do ANY FT8 in RTTY Roundup. Again, 20 an hour is a bad rate if you are trying to enter that competitively.
>
> Tim N3QE
> Hardcore RTTY contester

---
https://www.avg.com