[CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:10:28 EST 2018

If you designed a thing that is technically interesting and it works people
not you, pretty cool.

If you only count the awards as part of the robots contacts and not your
own, still pretty cool

If you only assign the award QSOs to the robot, still interesting.

The IY4M robot is driven by 11,000 lines of Pascal. It's getting
significantly easier these days to do the same thing but in 1995 the tech
is pretty impressive.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM Peter Sundberg <sm2cew at telia.com> wrote:

> How cool is it to have worked nobody?????
>
> And take credit for an award??
>
> Or credit for a contest QSO??
>
> OMG. Totally ridiculous. Not impressed.
>
> 73
> Peter SM2CEW
>
> At 04:59 2018-12-18, Jim Brown wrote:
> >On 12/17/2018 4:10 PM, Dennis Moore wrote:
> >>Look up KH6JF/MM. It was an FT8 system floating on a raft, no
> >>operator in control. Apparently made thousands of QSOs, including me on
> 20m.
> >
> >Yes, very cool. W6OAT and I are among ops who chase CQ Fields, and
> >the ones that are all water are a challenge. Both of us worked this
> >station for a new field! And for those who won't bother to go read
> >about it, WSJT-X standing alone can only be set to will only answer
> >one station responding to its own CQ and complete one QSO. The
> >automation to reset that process was provided by programming of the
> >computer running WSJT-X.
> >
> >73, Jim K9YC

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X