[CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 18 12:59:05 EST 2018

On 12/18/2018 6:16 AM, Peter Sundberg wrote:
> How cool is it to have worked nobody?????

You appear not to have read the link. It's VERY cool to have made
contact with a QRP radio floating on a research raft out in the Pacific,
which, by the way, took a LOT of very good engineering to set up so that
it kept working over a journey of thousands of miles. Setting it up is
FAR more in the true spirit of ham radio than any contest I've ever
entered.

The CQ Field award is about making a QSO with stations spread over every
part of the earth. It has NOTHING to do with how that station is
operated, and everything to do with how WE operate our station to make
the contact.

> And take credit for an award??

See above.

> Or credit for a contest QSO??