[CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

Rich Gelber rich at k2wr.com
Mon Feb 19 12:22:23 EST 2018

Answering the following may require the efforts of an even older fart than I
have become, but here goes:

I have a vague recollection from ages and ages ago of some people sending
"000" instead of "KW" because of something not accepting 4 digits (i.e.
"1000"), and only accepting numbers, or it being shorter, or something.

Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?  It doesn't make sense on the
surface, because we've had computer logging in some fashion for over 30
years, and I think my recollection of this pre-dates that.

Rich K2WR

---
http://www.avg.com