[CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Feb 19 11:16:25 EST 2018

Does it matter what you send vs what class you enter into? Should it?
Is it in the spirit of the rules to send unexpected data and wrong
data?   I looked back at our V3M LCR and about 50 people decided that NN
or 99  = 100 and lost a contact.

The rules state:

4.2. DX stations send signal report and power (number or abbreviation
indicating approximate transmitter output power).

So I guess we can now rewrite the rules whenever we want for whatever
personal reasons we have?

I happen to like zorro so now I can send zorro  for power if I travel to
a DX location?

W0MU