[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Tue Jan 30 19:36:05 EST 2018

Here's an idea. Why not have a pre-registration process before the
contest that you are going to be a serious entry? Much like we register
teams for the NA Sprint and NAQP.  Only entries that follow this process
will be eligible for plaques and certificates. If someone doesn't do
this ( just playing around??) their score can still be listed and not
classified as an administrative entry. For those that choose to follow
this process state the rules or conditions (i.e recording the contest)
on the web page this form is located on. This will eliminate any
confusion anyone might have.

I would even be willing to help CQ with the coding to implement this.
I've done similar stuff on my web pages for ku8e.com and the Georgia QSO
Party. You fill out a form, it stores that information in a mySQL
database and sends a confirmation email to the person who submitted the
form.

BTW I didn't know the story about MM0LID until I read this email thread.
Not only did it appear he cheated using a made up call sign but also
violated FCC rules. When something like this gets out it sure doesn't
help your reputation and it's going to raise red flags for a contest
sponsor every time you submit an entry.

Jeff KU8E

--
*Jeff Clarke