[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:51:41 EST 2018

I would be fine with this, but it will take time (a few years) for folks to
get used to the idea of pre-registering for a category.

That said, I want to point out something that happened to me a few years
ago:  I was all set to do a SOABHP.  Five minutes before the contest, I
turned on the amp to let it warm up and there was a big bang as the power
supply let go.  Needless to say, no QSO's made in the contest (had not yet
started), and I ran as LP.  IF we go down this road, I would hope there is
some room to change categories to account for last minute equipment
issues.  Perhaps a post contest explanation of "Here is what happened..."

Tom - VE3CX