[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jan 31 12:52:23 EST 2018

Let's say I register to operate SB15. At the start of the contest I work a
few stations and then no one, clearly conditions stink. Perhaps my 15m
antenna has an issue. I would like to switch to SB20 or AB but I cannot?
It is easy to imagine a number of similar scenarios. What if a casual
unregistered op just gets caught up in it and operates much more than
planed. He should not get a certificate?

John KK9A

From:	Jeff Clarke <ku8e at ku8e.com>
Date:	Wed, 31 Jan 2018 10:10:48 -0500

Tom,

I was thinking more along the line that you wouldn't register for a
specific category (.i.e .15 meter single band) but just that you are
planning on operating in some SB category seriously where you could
possibly have a top 5 finish. That would give you the flexibility to
change your category right before the contest starts. For example say you
planned on doing 15 single band and and right before the contest the
conditions went sour and you decide to switched to 20 single. This would
allow you to do this.

Jeff