[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 qualifications criterias? Any new thoughts or ideas? Conclusion!

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 10:14:30 EDT 2018

On 07/06/2018 04:30 AM, Kari Gustafsson wrote:

> So looking at the WRTC selection criterias I see you have to do 16 contests
> to be running for a seat as I understand. It equals about a minimum of 1152
> hours spent in qualifying over two years (16 contests x 36 hour per contest
> (average) x 2 for general preparation/maintenance time per contest ).

Your numbers are incorrect.

For WRTC-2018, only the top 12 of your scores in the qualifying contests are
counted, not 16 contests.

I can't imagine where you get the " x 2 for general preparation/maintenance time
per contest" from. I certainly didn't spend that much time preparing for each
contest when I qualified for WRTC-96, -2000, -2002, -2006, -2010, -2014.

73,
Steve, N2IC
Referee, WRTC-2018