[CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 09:17:30 EDT 2018

For the record, in the WRTC2018 selection area that includes New England,
only one of the three winners operated in New England.

One operated from the middle of Pennsylvania (225 miles WEST of New York
City).  The other operated from the suburbs of Washington, DC.

Furthermore, the Pennsylvania op lived in Boston and traveled TO
mid-Pennsylvania to operate in contests.

Probably a good thing that these ops didn't realize that they had "no
chance in hell" to win.

(Complete WRTC2018 qualification final rankings are at:
http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/competition/standings-2.

73, Dave K3ZJ

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 9:49 PM, rjairam at gmail.com <rjairam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m looking at my case. Under the current criteria I have not a shot in
> hell. Mostly because I’m competing with W1 who has an obvious geographic
> advantage. When it was aligned with US Call districts it was a bit easier,
> but I didn’t really try to qualify then.

<   >