[CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 18:13:16 EDT 2018

I missed the point of from within the same location and for that I apologize.
However, some ops have their own stations or are part owners/renters in locations outside of their home residence area. I wouldn’t think it right to limit any op from experiencing and also sharing their love of ham radio in other areas. That they should not have qualifying points added isn’t right and it’s addressed already by limiting their number of qualifiers from Multi’s and DXPeditions. Where would such ops qualify from?
Also, some ham radio operators (some of the best in the world) do not have a home station. Many multi-ops, guest ops, and remote hosts take great pleasure in the hosting of hams like this as they not only help with the score but add to the comaraderie and knowledge contribution to their operations.
Again, rules can always be debated... but it seems like the rules as they are now have allowed some amazing operators to both participate and also not participate.
The inclusion of a remote operation limitation for qualifying events will be needed, just like the existing limitations, but it surely isn’t a bad thing overall.
73,
Tim / N6WIN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone