[CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Jun 14 08:02:33 EDT 2018

Tim and others...
All this talk about remote stations is really a moot point. I know of no one building a remote station anywhere other than New England. In fact some contesting friends of mine are in process of doing that now, in Maine, where others are doing the same.
The competition for spots in the region that includes New England is the most competitive of all the regions in the US. In addition to these large remote stations there are also many big established stations. You would be much better building up a station in your own region because there would be less competition for a spot.
I think the rules in WRTC thru the years have been pretty consistent that they limit the scores you can count outside your home QTH. That means when guys like KL9A, N5DX and N4YDU operate remotely from New England they can only count 4 of those scores. Plus these guys go to either the Caribbean or Central America to operate as well limiting which of the scores that will count.
I think an even better option than what they are doing is to just operate some from the Carribean. There is even less competition from there. I believe my top four scores for the 2018 qualifying were all from PJ4A. Since I don't have much of a station at home I really didn't have much of a score to be near the top of the standings in NA #2.
Jeff

Jeff ClarkeInformation Technology Professional Ellerslie, Georgia
http://www.ku8e.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-clarke-ga

-------- Original message --------From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com> Date: 6/13/18  8:06 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Timothy Coker <n6win at yahoo.com> Cc: Paul O'Kane <pokane at ei5di.com>, rjairam at gmail.com, CQ-Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com>, Stephen Bloom <sbloom at acsalaska.net> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC looking for a new team leader
Amen!

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.