[CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:18:17 EDT 2018

Yes history - ARRL has a history of near zero interest in RTTY contests.
Roundup is the only one.

RTTY Roundup wasn't even initially an ARRL contest, and I've never been
entirely clear what moment of weakness caused the ARRL to take it on from
the original sponsors.

The one ARRL contest that would be cool on RTTY is Sweepstakes, because of
the long exchange. Currently the only long exchange RTTY contest is the
QTCs in the WAE DX.

73 jeff wk6i