[CQ-Contest] 2018 Georgia QSO Party

Mike/W5JR w5jr.lists at att.net
Fri Mar 23 22:46:04 EDT 2018

Jim, the N4N team is happy to work you. We will have to figure out a way to accomplish this. We spend 20 minutes or less per county in order to stick to the scheduled number of counties. After about 6-7pm local, the 20m Q rate drops off significantly.

We run two stations in my Yukon. Given the current sunspot levels, we keep a station on 40m all day, both days. Being a mixed entry, we try to spend no more than 5-7 minutes of that 20 minutes on SSB.

Getting the non 40m station switched between 80/75 and 20 hasn’t been plausible in past years with our antenna configuration. I’ll work to add a third antenna to the truck to allow for a quick switch from 40>20 and 80>20. It would also help the 20>15(10) switch.

When one of our stations has to cover 2 bands, and one band has maybe only 5 stations following us, we will spend no more than 5 minutes, preferably much less, a narrow window. Be ready, hi hi.

tnx
Mike / W5JR / N4N GQP Rover.
Alpharetta GA