[CQ-Contest] 2018 Georgia QSO Party

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 24 13:42:20 EDT 2018

On 3/23/2018 3:08 PM, Jeff Clarke wrote:
> Not sure who you raised issues with on this?

I raised the issue on this reflector.

On 3/23/2018 7:46 PM, Mike/W5JR wrote:
> Getting the non 40m station switched between 80/75 and 20 hasn’t been plausible in past years with our antenna configuration. I’ll work to add a third antenna to the truck to allow for a quick switch from 40>20 and 80>20. It would also help the 20>15(10) switch.

Certainly with current sunspot conditions, 15M doesn't make much sense
for a mobile, but operating the two adjacent bands that are open (40/20
and 40/80) certainly does. From NorCal, I rarely make an effort to work
mobiles on SSB (although I did so very productively W0BH's monumental
effort a few years ago).

> When one of our stations has to cover 2 bands, and one band has maybe only 5 stations following us, we will spend no more than 5 minutes, preferably much less, a narrow window. Be ready, hi hi.

Yes, that's the number one rule of working state QSO parties from out of
state.

BTW -- W6GJB, W6JTI, and I are planning to activate six OR counties this
year for 7QP with three county-line portable setups, following up on
prior year operations in UT and NV.  In all cases, we try to concentrate
on counties without other operations. We typically spend at least 4
hours at each setup, and W6JTI runs CW mobile in between setups.

73, Jim K9YC