[CQ-Contest] FT5000 N1MM SCU17

Trent Sampson vk4ts at outlook.com
Sat Oct 20 21:12:45 EDT 2018

Greetings Think Tank,

Getting ready for the CQWW SSB and noticed that wav files on N1MM dont feed to the rig via our setup efficiently - We had been using the CAT commands to drive the voice keyer on the rig but wanted an alternative to cater for different ops in a Multui OP

Does anyone have a solution?

RIG FT5000 Interface SCU17 Microphone Heils (normally added to front of Rig)

Rig seems to limit the active mike input to DATA or Front and a miscellaneous option called PC

Want to be able to do "record on the Fly" But looks like its a non starter

Bit late to buy another interface.

Thought of using a second USB sound card for the Mike and route through but the one we picked up didn't want to play the game ie Windows only accepted one USB Audio (SCU17)

Use Windows 7 with no internet on site. So neeed to sort before making the trip.

Look forward to the thoughts of FT5000 SCU17 owners using N1MM

Trent
VK4TS
PO Box 275
Mooloolaba 4557