[CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue Apr 2 18:56:24 EDT 2019

So just out of idle curiosity...

Has anyone contacted the alleged offender and informed him of his error?  And if so, what (if anything) was the response or reaction?

Was this someone who simply made a mistake in a moment of concern?  Or someone who is blatantly pushing the envelope, only pushing it too far?

I certainly don't condone the error.  It was a lapse in judgement, and a lapse (at least potentially) in ethics if not in clear violation of the contest rules.

But maybe, just maybe, we should be sure that the tarring, feathering, and running the op out of town on the proverbial rail is warranted and justified.  Lest we chase away another good but raw contester who made a mistake.

73, ron w3wn

---