[CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 is upon us

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Fri Dec 6 11:00:08 EST 2019

Greetings topband contesters,

If you like 160 then you already know this weekend is ARRL's annual 160
meter bedlam.

I had the pleasure of writing about it last year in QST:

https://contests.arrl.org/ContestResults/2018/160M-2018-FinalFullResults.pdf

And I guess they liked it enough to ask me to do it again.  This year, I
hope for even more great photos and great anecdotes that get the
attention of entrants from all walks of contesting and HF and CW and
DXing, and make them feel like the ARRL 160 contest is one that is
never-to-be-missed.  Maybe they ought to get on and give it a go for real!

So there are your marching orders.  Get on, have a great time, make a
lot of contacts, but also:

Take some great pictures and make a few notes about highlights and other
things that tickle your fancy.  I will be looking for the kinds of
things that make for entertaining reading, and things that inspire
others, like K9PG's great story about how he kicked butt last year
running low power from his residential lot to win Single Operator Low
Power - no pressure or anything Paul!

Keep your stick on the ice.  Stay warm.  I'll be on later tonight and
tomorrow meself.

73 - Mark N5OT