[CQ-Contest] RBN Stats for CQWW CW

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 10 20:52:45 EST 2019

On 12/9/2019 10:24 AM, Jeff Clarke wrote:
> Why not move them higher in the band?

The same considerations as for CW and SSB -- antenna bandwidth and
worldwide frequency allocations. FWIW, I heard very little FT8 during
ARRL 160M, possibly because many FT8 ops also work CW. I use it a lot on
160 to work EU, and on 6M to work grids. Like others, I worked a bit of
CW in the FT8 watering hole during ARRL 160 when I saw no signals there.
After all -- band usage is pretty fluid during contests on 160M, with CW
and SSB working well into each others normal range.

73, Jim K9YC