[CQ-Contest] The Story of Online QSLs

rjairam at gmail.com rjairam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:33:43 EST 2019

The problem I’ve had with eqsl is that they don’t do double blind matching.
You still have the option to accept a bogus eqsl, even authenticity
guaranteed. Yes, I do realize the same can be done with printed cards but
it’s fairly obvious if you received a QSL for Italy on 2 meters FM simplex
(unless you’re in Italy or nearby or orbiting the Earth) that it is bogus
and any card checker worth their salt would throw it in the reject pile. I
have one such eqsl in my inbox, as proof of what can be done.

Multiple locations are also handled poorly. In LoTW I just sign with a new
location. With eqsl I need to set up a new account and I can’t enter QSOs
both locations on the same day.

What I do like are real-time uploads, something I’m hoping will come in a
future LoTW version.

73
Ria, N2RJ