[CQ-Contest] The Story of Online QSLs

Stan Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:39:27 EST 2019

I  use electronic QCLing almost exclusively. The only paper QSLs I send out
are for rare DX that doesn't use LoTW. I will also answer any QSL received,
if they provide a return envelop with postage. I receive about one paper
QSL a month, mostly from someone who needs my county.

My logging software, N3FJPs ACLog and his contest loggers, automatically
uploads to LoTW, eQSL and Clublog. I don't have to  do anything to make it
happen, except provide one-time identification information.

I download qSLs from LoTW, but not eQSL. LoTW's contacts qualify for DXCC
and other awards. eQSL has its own awards and I have most of them, but I
don't download from eQSL for confirmation in my log. That keeps my log
clean of any false eQSL entries.

I upload to eQSL to accommodate those people who don't use LoTW and would
like confirmation from me. QRZ has an automatic download agreement with
LoTW, so I am also providing confirmation to those users.

Paper QSLs that I receive go into a box (sorted) and are never seen by
anyone but me, so they have no value to me. Electronic QSLs satisfy my need
to confirm and provide confirmation for others. Keep your paper, save a
tree and just send me your electrons. They are free and recyclable

Stan, K4SBZ