[CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

robert wa1fcn at charter.net
Tue Jan 15 18:48:39 EST 2019

GM Ria

         FT8 Has it's pluses and minuses .... This is from someone who

         operates FT 8 for about 1 hour most mornings.  The minuses I

         can see it's making me a lazy operator. Rather than S/P for

         DX I now simply  click away at decode.... So it's taking a serious

          CW operator away from CW.  I know I am

           not alone. Also I am doing it on backup

         computer/rig while more productive things I am doing on

         main computer.  So I am not even paying attention to the other

         FT8  operator, who ever it may be.  I mean I have to go to QRZ.com

         to even get his name !

        I know it's a passing thing and I am getting tired of it after 8
months,

         and glad I am feeling this way ! It never felt like actual Ham
Radio,

         maybe I am just too old school.

             73 BoB WA1FCN