[CQ-Contest] Modern Grand Solar Minimum (GSM) from 2020 to 2055?

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Tue Jun 25 12:16:08 EDT 2019

Well, when they sent the inter-planetary explorers out, we did not have the
technology to talk to them where they are now.

Before we had SSB, we talked to many on AM in a solar minimum.

Technology will advance.   We will still have big piles.   There are lots
of options for exploring other voice modes.  We just haven't
had the incentive.  CW still works great, and we can make even more
improvements on the RX side.

I guess I'm an optimist.

Gerry W1VE