[CQ-Contest] Serial number, contact sending speed

yuri ve3dz at rigexpert.net
Wed Mar 13 18:50:27 EDT 2019

Actually, it was after I received a UBN for the 2001 Russian DX Contest
when I decided to change my very good VA3UZ call for current - available
at that moment (and not-so-good) VE3DZ. A couple of hundreds guys logged
me as "UA3UZ" due to some smart DX cluster spotters.

I remember one year some W7 guy used to spot deliberately wrong calls in
the ARRL DX CW. And if you are not assisted, the only way to suspect
(even not to "know") that something is wrong is when all of a sudden you
start to work a lot of dupes.

So, what does it have to do with accuracy of sending by the CQ'er??? I
have no idea why so many of you are in awe of RDXC, and why 2nd WRTC in
a row decided to give this contest a highest mark for selection process
putting it in the same row with CQ WW's...

Again, penalizing an operator for something he's never done - what could
be more dumber? Then let the organizers change the exchange procedure -
make it an obligation for both guys to transmit both calls, or make it
similar to Sprint exchange... But like I said, even that might not help.

And don't forget that if you work a lot of uniques in this Contest - for
instance, staying over 14225 for General Class operators, these contacts
will be removed too.

Yuri  VE3DZ