[CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Thu Mar 14 08:48:38 EDT 2019

Oops.  I did some more dissecting on the cable, and I'm wrong about the
shielding. That leaves only the absence of printing - this is advertised
as Harbour Industries RG-400 - and its stiffness.  This stuff is quite
hard to bend in even an 8" coil.  Can anyone who has used real RG-400
confirm whether it feels supple and flexible to the touch?  I have one
jumper in my station that looks like the same stuff, but which is very
supple.  I bought it at Dayton a few years aho, already connectorized. I
can believe a 1" minimum bend radius with it, but not with the stuff
from China.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now