[CQ-Contest] WPX SSB Etiquette

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 00:27:43 EDT 2019

It could indeed have been so that they did not hear each other - or at
least not strongly... but I am 100 percent sure they heard the recipients
of the other station, and must been aware of that other station’s existence
on the same frequency.

My theory and statement is still valid. None of the D4 or CR3 wanted to
leave that Run frequency for free - but insisted it was their frequency,
and subsequently suffered a bit of rate decrease until one of them realized
they lost more than the other...

This scenario has happened to many of us in contests - and we all knew it
might not be fully logical to fight with another big gun for the same
frequency - but if there are two stubborn ops on each side, this happens
from time to time.

That two big guns not at all would hear each other.... is very far-fetched.
They do in 99% of cases, at least on 40 and if they are in the same region
of the Atlantic Ocean...

Long live narrow mode CW in contesting!

73 de Mats RM2D