[CQ-Contest] WPX SSB Etiquette- kudos to KW7Y and NR6O

David Propper k2dp at charter.net
Sun Mar 31 09:48:55 EDT 2019

All,

Just want to give a “shout out” (thanks !) to both KW7Y and NR6O for their courtesy this morning on 40 mtrs during the CQ WPX SSB test !  I (located in St. Louis, MO) was in QSO with AE3T (Allentown, PA) and as the band changed around 0745 CDST, both KW7Y and NR6O were calling CQ Contest within a half Khz of our QSO. Most stations graciously agreed to QSY once I advised that the frequency was in use.  This is the way amateur radio was meant to be !  Thank you to both Paul, KW7Y and Ken, NR6O, for their courtesy !

73 all and good luck in the contest !

Dave, K2DP
St. Louis, MO