[CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 1 04:07:19 EDT 2019

VERY different out west. FWIW, I have ZERO interest in grid-circling
(which I view as an abortion) and multi-band pursuits. I'm an HF
contester -- I find VHF contests beyond boring, and use them  as nothing
more than an opportunity to pick up rare grids.

I am particularly turned off by the nearly universal practice out here
(W6) of working nothing but the SSB calling frequencies. I refuse to
work any station that sits on the calling frequencies, and I've often
deleted QSOs from my log of stations who I later find doing this very
unsportsmanlike practice.

Don't look for me on CW or SSB on 6M -- I'll be on FT8 or MSK144.

73, Jim K9YC