[CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Wed May 1 06:44:50 EDT 2019

I've been participating in the FT4 testing, and I'll be doing a talk at Dayton on the Future of FT8 (and FT4) in Contesting at the Digital Contest Forum on Friday May 17th at 1015 at Dayton/Xenia.  I'll be discussing the issues of automation and multiplexing that FT8/FT4 bring to contesting.
I've talked with ARRL and CQ contest sponsors about these issues, they both handle them a bit differently. The major issues about automation are really in the WSJT-X software, not in the FT8 or FT4 protocols themselves.
73 John K3TN