[CQ-Contest] Sanctuary

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Mon Nov 4 12:25:45 EST 2019

That was my pal,. Ed, VE4VT (VE4EAR).   Ed is a superb contester but will
admit he is a phone guy.
He volunteered to do SS CW, as the regular, Cary, VE4EA, operated K2LE
remote with VE3KI and others
as AJ1I from Vermont.  (Cary lost his tower in a recent 1st winter storm in
Winnipeg).
Rob, VE4GV was on for a while.

I think Ed did a bang-up job despite the pile.

>From Yukon, the pile was unreal.   People just pick the packet frequency
and call.  So 90% of them are
a single tone.  Thanks to 10% of the people who know how to offset, I could
keep a decent rate.

The only time I got a little upset was when people kept calling while I was
in the middle of an exchange
with another station.  That's really unacceptable.

In the end, we cannot control what other ops do.   Just emulate good
behaviour, produce good scores,
and perhaps some of these people will learn by osmosis.

Send Ed a note at Ed_richardson at shaw.ca and thank him for your VE4 mult --
he is a really good egg.

73,

Gerry W1VE/VE1RM/VY1AAA (and VE4CDX!)