[CQ-Contest] N1MM+, K3 Sidetone Macro

Richard Ferch ve3iay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:20:20 EST 2019

If you are planning on putting the mute and unmute macros in the same
function key message, things get complicated. Basically, I believe you
would have to do something like this:
F1 CQ,{CAT1ASC ML000;} your CQ message {END}{CAT1ASC ML0nn;}
The {END} macro is vital, otherwise the two radio control macros would both
be executed before the CW started to send, which would end up leaving the
monitor on during the transmission. Don't forget the semicolons either; the
K3 needs those as command terminators.

I don't know whether this would actually work the way you would like it to
or not, but it's where I would start. There might be timing issues; it's
hard to tell without actually trying it.

If you put the mute and unmute commands in separate function keys, you
might not be able to use them while you were transmitting - or rather, if
you used one while the rig was transmitting, it might only be acted on
after the transmission was over, which might not be what you expected.

73,
Rich VE3KI

K9MA wrote:

There are K3 commands to set the sidetone (monitor) level, but I don't know
how to put them in an N1MM+ function key macro. ("MLxxx") One at the start
of the CQ macro to set ML to 000, one at the end to turn it back up. Does
anyone know how to do this?