[CQ-Contest] SSB phonetics -- true story WPX SSB

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:34:48 EDT 2020

Late Sunday afternoon EDT, about 90 minutes before the end of the contest.
Even we little East Coast stations get some good openings to the Caribbean
and South America on the high bands.  So, with a good path, with little
competition so late in the contest, and with a top op native in my own
language, when I found TI7W on 15 meters I just dumped in my call without
phonetics (but carefully enunciated): "Kay Three (tiny pause) Kay (tiny
pause) YOO"

The op came right back, and after we exchanged reports he commented,
"That's a good call sign.  You don't need phonetics."

He must have been reading the thread here.

73, Art K3KU