[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Important Update for the 2020 Georgia QSO Party

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Apr 2 15:45:46 EDT 2020

Jim(s),

Thanks for your suggestions.  We are discussing within the SECC the
subject of holding a one day QSO party for this year. From the feedback
I'm getting the consensus right now is that for this year we probably
hold a one day QSO Party on Saturday April 11th from noon-midnight. I
will make an announcement before this weekend if we choose this route.

BTW the reason we have a two day QSO Party in Georgia (pre-COVID-19) is
our state has 159 counties which is 2nd to only Texas. Many of the
counties are small and we have a regular contingent of rover stations
who activate many counties every year. Some out of state participants
have come close to working all the counties because of our rover
activity. I seem to remember one year that W0BH came to operate the GQP
with N4PN. Bob and Paul activated 80 counties by themselves during the
weekend! The success of both the GQP and FQP can be attributed to the
large number of rover stations that are active year after year. In a
normal year I don't believe all the counties could be activated in just
one day. This year we had two people who planned to come from outside of
Georgia to activate a large number of counties as a rover and I told
them not to come because of the restrictions that have been placed on
travel within Georgia. Having no rover stations is going to greatly
change the complexion of our QSO party this year.

Stay tuned for further announcements.

Jeff KU8E  GQP Director