[CQ-Contest] 2020 FQP - EXCITING LATE BREAKING SPECIAL Announcement!!!

Christopher Blake cqdenx4n at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:02:35 EDT 2020

Hi FQP Mobile Chasers,

We have a very exciting announcement to amp up the FQP fun for you!

Do you want to chase '*VIRTUAL* Mobiles' in FQP?  *NO PROBLEM!*

Please see below, and get ready for THE Party!

*2020 FQP - So Bright, you gotta wear Shades! *

😎

Vy 73/OJ,

Chris, NX4N

FQP FIST of FURY

*---------------------------------*

*ANNOUNCEMENT - FAST & FURIOUS FUN!*

*To partially fill the gap of our missing mobiles/expeditions this year,* we
have devised a special 2020 FQP limited

*‘Virtual Mobiles’ program* for you to chase 10 ‘Virtual Mobiles’ (*VM*'s)
around our state.

Each of the VM’s will have a unique call and will be staffed in hourly
rotations by fixed station control ops in different FL counties.

For example:

A VM with call K4OJ will be on air as:

Hour 1 - K4OJ/HIL

Hour 2 – K4OJ/MTE

Hour 3 – K4OJ/MAO

Etc.

Another example VM with call NX4N will be on the air as:

Hour 1 – NX4N/ORA

Hour 2 – NX4N/LAK

Hour 3 – NX4N/VOL

Etc.

And so on for each VM…

Each VM will rotate through 7 unique counties throughout the contest. And
there will be 10 unique VM’s-  that’s 10 unique calls each activating 7
counties (3 calls will be silent each hour).   They will generally be
available on both cw and phone and on multiple bands for each county.

These are the VM's you can listen for as they change counties hourly:

   - *K4KG*
   - *K4OJ*
   - *N4AO*
   - *N4EEB *
   - *N4KM*
   - *N4TO*
   - *NN4FL*
   - *NX4N*
   - *W4FCG*
   - *W4WF*

The beauty of this program is that it is run by real fixed stations giving
out real county exchanges.

For example, one hour I (NX4N) will be the Control Op for K4OJ at my home
station in HIL, so for that hour I'll sign K4OJ/HIL.  The next hour I'll be
the Control Op for K4KG/HIL, and so on.  Each time I use a VM call I give
out the County I'm in (HIL).  This happens in similar fashon for the other
Control Ops in their own Counties.

All QSO's with the VM's are from *valid Counties *and count for County
awards and FQP scores.  While is doesn't replace the mobiles and the
counties they cover, it will definitely give our Out-Of-State friends a
more enhanced chase!

The VM’s were designed with the sole purpose of making a great chase for
*you*!  You will search and pounce these  stations just like you would
regular mobiles, and their counties will count toward your final score and
sweep.

*Good Hunting in those fast and furious pileups!*