[CQ-Contest] 2020 FQP - EXCITING LATE BREAKING SPECIAL Announcement!!!

Christopher Blake cqdenx4n at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:12:53 EDT 2020

Jim,
I believe the term Virtual is throwing some people.

This is simply each trustee of a call in our program authorizing seven
Control Ops to operate that call from their home stations (each of in a
unique county) on a rotating basis every hour.
I am in HIL County, so all 10 VM Calls will be on the air from my home in
HIL.  When it my turn to be the Control Op for K4OJ, I will be signing
K4OJ/HIL for that hour.  Next hour, I may be operating K4KG/HIL, next hour
N4TO/HIL and so on each hour.
The other control ops will be doing the same.
None of us are using the same VM call at the same time - If I am on using
K4OJ/HIL, no one else is using that call for that hour.

Got it?

So, this program will not fill in any imaginary counties - it will only
allow more calls/counties in this program to be chased.
The reason we call this Virtual Mobiles (VM) program is that, to the
Out-of-Florida ops, they will see these 10 calls changing counties, similar
to if they were mobiles.  They are not actually mobile though - just
passing call signs around among Control Ops.

Hope this helps.

vy 73/OJ,
Chris, NX4N