[CQ-Contest] CQWW is an unfair Contest -- A solutiion!

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Sun Dec 6 17:11:47 EST 2020

JimIt's pretty impossible to change rules to make contests fair for everyone. If you want to win that badly you just need to go to places where you have some type of competitive advantage. That's why I go on trips to the Caribbean for CQWW CW every year. I have no desire to move anywhere just to win contests. I just do my best to have fun with what I got at home. When it's not fun anymore I will just move on to something else.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Brown <k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com> Date: 12/6/20  4:48 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW is an unfair Contest -- A solutiion! This is exactly the kind of rule-making I've been complaining about. Those who make the rules tailor them to benefit themselves, ignoring how they affect others.73, Jim K9YCOn 12/5/2020 11:51 AM, Richard Smith wrote:>   I agree with Steve, and will add a little more info. When the IARU HF Championship began around 1977, with only ITU Zones as multipliers, it was possible to win from areas in the world where it was unlikely to win in other contests. In fact I was part of the M/S team which placed World High in 1979 from VE7WJ, and again World High M/S in 1980 from KH6XX. I believe I won for the USA in 1984 from AI6V, SOAB.> Then it was decided to change the rules, as Steve noted, to add HQ stations, which shifted the optimal areas of the world towards the East Coast and Europe for this contest.> 73, Rich, N6KT_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest