[CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

Yuri ve3dz at rigexpert.net
Mon Feb 3 11:08:36 EST 2020

« +WAE…»- So?

Does DARC allow remote receivers within 100 km to be used? And allows such QSO to be claimed towards achieving WAE award?
What if the operator used remote receiver to make a QSO on 80 or 160 m, and then he applies such QSO towards award? Will it count?

What about others, who don’t use remote receivers? Are they “in the same boat” with remote operators in order to get the award? I often hear West Coast stations using remote site from New England without even signing portable. Will those QSO’s be O.K. with ARRL for DXCC credit? Must be nice to work some rare Pacific countries on 160 from CA and then work EU and AF countries from Maine and get excellent Topband DXCC standing! What’s ARRL’s policy on that?
In my HUMBLE opinion (I’m in no way an expert like most people on this reflector) the contest rules must be in line with the award rules, or such contest QSO’s shouldn’t be counted towards the respected awards.

73, Yuri  VE3DZ