[CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 3 15:06:14 EST 2020

On 2/3/2020 6:48 AM, cosson-dimitri wrote:
> <<<Same way as how ARRL nowadays recognizes "automated" FT8 QSO's?:-)

This statement is seriously flawed -- it is equivalent to saying that
because it is well known that SOME contesters cheat on power that ALL
contesters cheat on power. I'm a long time member of NCCC, and in 14
years, suspect only one contester and another DXer of having done so.

Many well known, well respected contesters and DXers are actively using
FT8. I seriously doubt that they are cheating by using automation. How
do I know they're active? I actively use FT8 myself since it was
introduced for weak signal operation, and I see their calls being
decoded by my software. If you want to know who they are, download the
software, install it, and start monitoring 160 and 80 for a while.

73, Jim K9YC