[CQ-Contest] CQ 160m contest-vs-DXCC rule problem

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 3 16:05:48 EST 2020

I have not been a DXer in decades. I had a small station at my parents
home and I would spend many hours a week tuning the bands and calling
new countries on CW and Phone hoping to work them. I guess now you can
look for a spot on the internet of a country that you you need,
connect to a remote super station with favorable propagation and then
make a quick QSO.

John KK9A

N2RJ wrote

ARRL declared this type of remote operation OK for DXCC some years ago -
you can operate from W6, work Macau, minami torishima, Philippines etc then
hop on a remote on the east coast and work Europe and Africa. Hop on a
southeast remote and work ZS, PY, LU, CE, CP etc. Owning a station is not
even necessary.

73
Ria, N2RJ