[CQ-Contest] Alligators and lids

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 15:51:37 EST 2020

Bob-
What you have stated about behavior in pileups can be neither disputed nor
refuted.
You have hit a nail directly on the head. Sadly it seems to be more and
more common
these days, and it is not confined to SSB. I noticed same thing in ARRL DX
CW last weekend.
I had a pileup of Europeans going (a pileup of any kind is rare for my
modest station) and
every time I asked for station XYZ, 4 or 5 stations ABC would call. It's a
real rate killer.
I wish the people who are doing it would understand that, or maybe they do
and just
don't care.

Tom
K0SN