[CQ-Contest] There goes the Clean Sweep

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Jan 3 16:05:43 EST 2020

Hey Dave,

I love contesting to have a good time and occasionally give out a rare-ISH
mult (at times) to the deserving.

If I am not having fun, I am not on. (or a minimal effort at best) (same as
everyone reading this, I am sure)

I can ASSURE you above a reasonable doubt, that if everyone, everywhere were
giving out their own State and Province, but by some obscure ancient rule
they told all W7's they couldn't do that, but instead had to send "SEVEN" as
their mult, instead of their own State, that there would be less than the
usual numbers of W7's operating.

Only makes logical sense. I am not a psych major, but human nature tells me
everyone wants to play on their own team, not some group of folks thrown
together.

I am constantly befuddled as to why some of you cannot seem to put yourself
in my (and my mates in NB, NS and PE's) shoes and see it from our point of
view.  Of course, there are some casual guys up here who couldn't care
less...but if you (meaning anyone reading this, not Dave) wondered why
participation seems to be lower in these 3, then wonder no more.I am giving
you all the answer.

I am long past being mad about it.  . . . but I won't sit idly by and not
comment when the need arises.

Respectfully,

Mike VE9AA "NB"

I'm no fan of the ARRL in general, and I can think of reasons not to get
serious about any particular contest, but boycotting one in which I would
otherwise participate simply because I didn't get to use a particular
exchange wouldn't be one of those reasons.

Dave   AB7E

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB