[CQ-Contest] The legacy of not working dupes

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jan 7 14:06:50 EST 2020

On 1/7/2020 6:27 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> There was never a penalty for working dupes. You just had to removed
> them from your log and not take the QSO credit for the second or third QSO.

The only penalty for working dupes with all the contests I know of is
applies only to paper logs. NCCC members are taught to ALWAYS work
dupes. Maybe not on the east coast, but out here, it's easy to end up on
the run frequency of an EU station I can't hear, and think I'm being
worked by someone who can hear them. :)

73, Jim K9YC