[CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jan 15 13:24:44 EST 2020

So the theoretical rate for RTTY is twice the rate for FT4.  My point
was that RTTY has a theoretical limit just as FT4 does, and KU8E (to
whom I was replying) stated that any mode that had a maximum rate wasn't
suited for contesting.  If there was enough activity FT4 (especially
with a decent user interface) could achieve rates approaching 180 per
hour (theoretical is 240), and that includes calling CQ once per
minute.  I think that would rank up there pretty high for any RTTY contest.

You're still ignoring the significant sensitivity, bandwidth, and QRM
tolerance advantages of FT4, and like everyone else you're still
confusing the mode with the interface.  The mode doesn't have anything
to do with what's between the chair and the rig, while the interface has
everything to do with it.

Dave   AB7E