[CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Tue Jun 2 22:50:56 EDT 2020

Greetings Diddlers:

Sorry about the blanks earlier.  Funky keyboard I think.

The double digit turnout record is intact!  I guess everyone really is stuck at home at Thursday evenings.  A big thanks to everyone for dropping by and having a bit of keyboard fun.

Dale, KG5U dropped me a note with which I totally agree.  I often call out the new stations that show up each week (which is great), but let’s not forget all the regulars that are here week after week.  And for those of you who think that this is some big contest with hundreds of stations in which you’ll get covered up, I think I’ve mentioned before that we’re are a small group.  Just a group of crazy Sprinters who happen to like RTTY also.  So let’s put out a big Thank You to all the regulars who show up week after week, some of whom have been with us for a long time.  I know I’ll miss someone, but I’ll try to be as complete as I can.

Thanks to (in no particular order):  N3QE, K7SV, KG5U, NR4O, AC0E, NN7SS,  W7OM, WD0T, W0YK, WQ5L, W6IA, N4IQ, AD4TJ, AI6O, K3RWM, N0KQ, N0TA, and probably a few more that I’ve overlooked.  I’m not skilled enough to download the 3830 scores and sort them by the number of reports, so this is not like those CWT reports that has the exact numbers for every session.  I’d just like to thank everyone who is there every week (as well as those who drop by when they have the time) for keeping this going.  The last real RTTY Sprint was a bit thin on participants, so we need to get some others into the group and up to speed.  If you do drop by here, pass the word to anyone you know who would like to try something new or get back to something they used to do.

So after the big cw dance last weekend, it looks like the upcoming weekend is a collection of small events.  The one all RTTY event is the new Weekend Sprint sponsored by RTTYOps.  Saturday morning/afternoon for 4 hours, so here’s a new outlet for your RTTY sprinting energy.  And of course you can join us Thursday evening to make sure everything in the station still works.

The details for our little get together this week:

Friday,  5 June 2020, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 4 June in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: Around 1805  (Last two to five minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +84 kHz up from the band edge   <--NOTE
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.